Sunday, August 9, 2009

186-365


186-365
Originally uploaded by Gregory Roth
Lili



I really don't understand what happened. I'm sure you been on dates where you have a date and later the gal says that it wasn't a date. You know those mixed signals.We met at Highland Fest a few weeks ago. I was there for an early Meet-ups thing while Lili was going to a Meet- ups for the Aquatenial. She canceled her Meet-up to meet me at Highland Fest. She even said, "If you're going to Highland Fest, that's good enough reason to go."

It was a fun time, we had dinner at Punch Pizza. On our walk to Punch she asked me if I wanted kids someday. That really made me feel uncomfortable, but I said, "What? You mean with you?" She laughed but I said that I like kids. Most of the evening we talked about the dating world and I swear, she's the one who brought it up.

One of the things she was talking about was height. Not mine but women who won't date shorter men. She said that she didn't know what the big deal was but hours laster said that she doesn't date men shorter  than her. But HEY, we can be buddies.

All last week she kept emailing me, like were friends. Upbeat friendly emails pretending we're buddies but I replied with very brief emails.  She has cancelled her account with Match.com and so I sent her my profile In my profile I ask a question, "Tell me something unique about yourself?" So she sent me an email telling me things she considered unique about her self. Then said, "Okay, your turn." 

I asked her, "My turn for what?"

"To tell me something unique about yourself." I told her that I had the ability of spot a bullshit artist from 20 years away.   I also said, "'m sick and tired of being judged and especially being judged inaccurately by woman."

She emailed me back  with example of how people misjudge her, not in her dating life, but in everyday life. Then said, "Okay, your turn." Apparently she thought we were having a great conversation about dating but I just wanted her to stop.  I asked her, "My turn for what?">She wanted to know how people misjudge me. I friend suggested that I say that i am misjudged by my height rather than getting to know me. That's when she got defensive about the height thing. She said I'm attractive and fun to hang out with but and she doesn't date guys shorter than her.

This story is getting too long so I'll shorten it up: Getting back to the HIghland Fest, she said that she felt uncomfortable 15 minutes into it because I thought we were on a date and she insisted we were not. I gave her examples of why she thought we were on a date: her canceling a Meet-up to come to Highland Fest and hang out with me.

She did finally admit the mixed signals and she said she didn't let her discomfort show because, "acting runs in my family." So I got her to admit she's a bullshit artist. I also got her to admit that she's obsessed with the dating scene looking for a potential, I don't think she would have met up me if I wasn't a "potential." I got her to admit that she's very much hung up on and ex BF because she talks of him a lot. 

One more thing. She sent me one more email describing me as a "socially savvy man who's looking to make friends with a woman and hopefully date... does that sound right?"

I told her that is where I've been misjudged. I joined that singles Meetups to hang out with other singles with out feeling like a third wheel.  If something happens, it happens.

No comments: