Sunday, May 24, 2009

136-365


136-365
Originally uploaded by Gregory Roth
May 16, 2009 - The Court Jester.

This sculpture stands in front of an art gallery in Minneapolis. The detail on him is amazing but I gave it a treatment which gave it a creepy/sureal Mardi Gras look.

About the treatment: THis is actually a composite of 3 different shots (all hand held) I took of the court jester.

First shot was really bad. I tried to balance the camera while holding other things in my hands. That photograph turned out very shkey and had a terrible red streak, hence the magenta cast. No flash

Second shot I used a flash and since this sculpture is bronze, the flash created harsh highlights as you can see the orange strokes on his face

The third shot was taken without a flash which I used as my main layer. I added the first two shots in layers using various blending modes.

Then I added a "TTV" texture that I found in Flickr and as it came together, it became that creepy/sureal look I was after.

No comments: